Nominations are closed as of June 15, 2016.
Please check in during spring of 2017 for the Fourth Annual Roslyn S. Jaffe Awards nomination details.
Program information, Eligibility Criteria, Award Criteria, Goals of the Awards, and Rules can be found below.
Official Rules can be viewed here.
Applications for the 2016 Roslyn S. Jaffe Awards are due on June 30, 2016.
Winners will be contacted in the end of September. We thank all of those who nominated.
View our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) here.
For questions about the Awards or the Awards Portal, please email us at JaffeAward@tccgrp.com.
Jaffe Awards Help Desk is reachable at (267) 915-2687 and will be available 9-5pm ET.
If you call after hours, please leave a message and we will respond within 24 business hours.
To nominate someone, you must be at least 18 years of age. Nominees must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- Nominee must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of one of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia.
- Nominee must be the creator or founder of a social impact organization or program, the original idea for which was conceived by the nominee (“Organization”). The nominee must be the primary decision-maker for the Organization’s development and management. (Organizations that were co-conceived and co-founded by the nominee and one or more others and are currently managed by nominee and nominee’s co-founders are eligible for consideration.)
- The Organization must be U.S.-based, must be a legal entity, and must have received and continue to have 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service.
- The Organization must administer a social impact program (“Program”) that has a primary objective related to improving health, education, or esteem or to social reform and benefiting low- and middle-income women and/or children in the United States.
- The Organization may still be developing and refining its operations or the Program, but the Program must have achieved some clear and recognizable progress, impact, or accomplishment towards its objective.
- Organizations or Programs that are entirely in the planning and development stages (and have no operations) at the time of nomination are not eligible. Nominees who have worked on their Program on a part-time basis are eligible for consideration.
- The Organization and Program must be independent and autonomous and may not be affiliated with any religion or political group or cause. Programs that were started under the direction of an existing third-party organization (i.e., any entity other than the Organization created by the nominee) do not meet this requirement and are ineligible in this contest. Organizations or Programs with fiscal sponsors may still be considered autonomous and satisfy this requirement as determined by Sponsor in its discretion.
Nominees who meet the eligibility requirements and complete the application process will be evaluated by a panel of judges, chosen by Sponsor, who will apply the following criteria according to the percentage weights indicated:
- High impact – The Program’s work has resulted in clear benefits for women and/or children in the United States and has the potential for further benefits (36%).
- Serving Those in Need – The Program focuses on lower-to-middle class populations as beneficiaries (20%).
- Unique Approach – The Program has an innovative and entrepreneurial approach that addresses a challenge and tackles risk in a unique way (14%).
- Off the Grid – At the time when nominations are evaluated in this contest, the Program are not widely known, nor does the Organization already have large partnerships or grants. (12%).
- Scalable – The Program can be expanded/replicated and applied to other locations (18%).
Goals of the Awards
The Roslyn S. Jaffe Awards were designed to recognize the spirit and values of Roslyn Jaffe. In 1962 along with her husband Elliot Jaffe, they co-founded dressbarn. Since then the Jaffes, along with their family, have built a successful multi-brand enterprise. Dressbarn is now one of five brands in the Ascena family. Mrs. Jaffe’s support for women in the workplace coupled with her appreciation for family and community have created a caring environment that embodies the values that were in place during the early years of the company. These Awards aim to recognize promising individuals that demonstrate her values in an effort to help women and children across the country.
The Roslyn S. Jaffe Awards recognizes pioneering individuals who have persevered in their commitment to making the world a better place for women and children in the areas of health, education, social reform and esteem. Sponsor will select one grand-prize winner and two runners up from among all eligible applications received, in accordance with the judging criteria described above. The grand-prize winner’s Organization will receive $100,000 for its Program. The Organization of each runner up will receive a $25,000 award for its Program.
Prizes will be awarded to the winning nominee’s Organization, not to the individual nominee in his or her individual capacity. No nominee will receive a prize for personal use and no nominator will receive a prize of any kind in this Contest.
Further questions? Please contact the Review Committee at email@example.com.
Jaffe Awards Help Desk is (267) 915-2687 and will be available 9-5pm ET. If you call after hours, please leave a message and we will respond on the next business day.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Entry requires two steps: nomination of nominee (either by him- or herself or by another nominator) and submission by nominee of an application. Nomination period begins 4/1/2016 at 12:00:00 AM ET; ends 6/15/16 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Applications must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on 6/30/16. Anyone 18 or older can nominate a person in this promotion, but each nominee must be (a) at least 18 years old, (b) a legal resident of one (1) of the fifty (50) US or DC, and (c) the creator or founder of a social impact organization (“Org.”) that (i) is either (a) itself a legal entity that has received/maintains 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status from the IRS throughout the entire contest (including, as applicable, the prize fulfillment process) or (b) has a formal, written fiscal-sponsorship arrangement with another legal entity that has received/maintains 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status from the IRS throughout the entire contest (including, as applicable, the prize fulfillment process) (“Fiscal Sponsor”), (ii) is independent and autonomous (i.e., nominee must be its principal decision maker in management and development matters) and is not substantially supported by, or serving the purpose of promoting, religious or political organizations or beliefs (as determined by Sponsor in its discretion), (iii) is US-based, and (iv) has a primary objective related to improving health, education, or esteem or to social reform and benefiting low- and middle-income women and/or children in the US. Subject to Official Rules at jaffeawards.com, which contain more details on the nomination, application, and winner-selection processes. Nominees judged on: potential impact of their Org. on women/children in the US [36%]; whether their Org. beneficiaries are low- to middle-income [20%]; whether their Org. has an innovative approach that addresses its objective in a unique way [14%]; whether their Org. is scalable and can be applied in additional locations [18%]; and whether their Org. is, as of the time of evaluation of the nominee, not widely known and positioned to leverage the funding and/or visibility provided should it win a prize [12%]. ARV of grand prize: $100,000; ARV of each runner-up prize: $25,000; total ARV of all prizes: $150,000. Prizes will be awarded to each winning nominee’s Org. (or to its Fiscal Sponsor for the benefit of the Org., if Org. is not itself a tax-exempt legal entity), not to the individual nominee in his/her individual capacity. Each winner and his/her Org. (or its Fiscal Sponsor) will be required to execute prize-acceptance documents and winner will be required to appear at an event hosted by Sponsor on 10/27/16.
933 MacArthur Blvd.
Mahwah, New Jersey 07430
IF YOU HAVE BEEN NOMINATED FOR THE 2016 JAFFE AWARDS
Use the login information emailed to you directly to access your application via our Awards Portal.